Rajiv Malhotra’s Guidance to the Vedics
for Debating with Christians or Muslims
(The ideas of Rajiv’s ji are generalized below by Skanda987.Skanda’s lines are shown in italics.)
1) The Vedics should start with mutual respect, reciprocated from the other side, as a necessary condition that we demand from Christianity and Islam.
2) Raavana, Bin Laden, or Hitler, etc. types of persons DO NOT deserve our respect because they simply cannot respect others who are different.
3) Demand that History-centrism (HC) must be EXPLICITLY REJECTED by Christianity and Islam, because HC results in mandatory exclusivity claims. HC is the root cause why they CANNOT respect others. (HC is baseless because:
a) Since the beginning of creation the humans have commonality of body design, and have a mind, some intelligence, and a soul; and desire to live in peace and harmony with others and nature.
b) God is one, is all powerful, omnipresent, omniscient, can be formless or can take form; and God loves all because all living beings are God’s creation. This Supreme God cannot be jealous of anyone because no one can equal God. He/She can communicate directly with an one who develops qualification to do so. Anyone is free to communicate with Him in the form of prayers.
c) God is one and same forever per the Vedic scriptures. Only the understanding of humans about God differs due to more or less knowledge and intelligence of humans.
d) Just as God given air, water, or land are free to all to live, all have the freedom to realize God by following a proved process. No one has monopoly or proprietorship over God or heaven or hell.
e) Air and water is same since the beginning of time; so God is same to all for all the times. Similarly, the Vedic dharma is same for all the humans of anytime.
f) The principles and properties of nature and God are same and never change any time or place.
4) For Vedics, accepting Jesus without the prerequisite of removing HC is like adopting a snake without first removing its poisonous fangs. (Besides, the Vedic dharma and culture has one or other dharmic process that can suit any human for advancing spiritually and living sin-free. The Vedic society has produced millions of spiritual giants that dwarf Jesus. So, we do not need Jesus as our hero. – skanda987)
5) The Vedics should always invite their Christian friends to adopt dharma and see Jesus as an Ishta-devataa (one’s chosen deity for worship,) BUT always explain that the concept of ishta-devataa requires removing HC. No ishta-devata can be exclusive, or history centric, because that would distort the principle of ishta-devataa.