Honorable Andy Sparkes Jee
Your preaching of ‘secularism’ to be included in the Nepalese constitution is noted. It may be interesting to note the difference between the preaching and the practice. Britain is a declared Christian ‘Church of England’, not a Secular, nation. Will that make you, please help me, a Hippocrates \ Hippopotamus?
I am sure learned person like you know the difference between religions like Christianity and Dharmas like ours. Religions always interfere in politics and are violent. Thus it requires secularism. Hindu rastra merely means respect of our heritage, roots and values; not theocracy. Thus, secularism is irrelevant. You may also note that our constitutions have been very clear on ‘non-discrimination’ as per any social factors including creeds.
Yes, a few us are your mercenaries, but none of us are your subjects. You get bigger bang for smaller buck with us; with no charge for honor, courage, loyalty and friendship.
You may not have to worry about Huns and Samurais, but how about within Britain?
1. Islamic Extremists in London: www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC2VQjSgpso
2. When Islam Takes Over Britain: www.youtube.com/watch?v=kczkDnMgboU
3. BBC – Muslim first British second: www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzjWaiOQfQw
In formulating our nationhood, we are merely looking back at our heritage coming from Shiva, Buddha, Janak, Sita, Manju Shree, Veda Vyas, Yalambar, Bhrikuti, Machhendra Nath, Gorakh Nath, Arniko, Shakhwal and others. That is, Hindu rastra is not a theocracy. Our world view comes from the time honored philosophies.
1. Truth always triumphs Satyam eva jayate
2. Goodness comes out of goodness Om mani padme hum
3. The whole world is a family Vasundhaiva kutumbakam
4. May all be happy Sarve api sukhino santu
5. Truth is one, sages call it differently Ekam sat, vipraha bahudha vadanti
6. Divinity in every heart Ishwor sarba hridaya tisthati
7. Divine peace, peace, and peace Om shantih, shantih, shantihi
In comparison, the Church of England (16th century) is rooted on the polygamy of the King Henry VIII, and the crazy doctrines:
1. Acts 4:12 There is no salvation in any other religions.
2. John 3:16-18 Who does not believe in Jesus stands condemned already.
3. John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through me.
This is not a mere cheap idea, but laced with violence. Britain was Christianized around 7th century. What happened to your pre-Christian ancestors, the famous Druids? Which were your ancestors? The Druids or the Christian converts who killed them off? Interestingly, you, as a Christian, no matter what sins you may commit, are assured of heaven. But you also agree that all your non-Christian ancestors are in hell. However, after all, you may still meet your ancestors. The great honorable Pope has already ex-communicated you (1534). Just to make it extra sure, the great honorable Patriarch also has ex-communicated you and the Pope (1053). Please let me assure you that your pre-Christian ancestors were virtuous and are in heaven.
May Buddha bless us all with wisdom!
Tilak B. Shrestha, Ph.D.
1. कमल थापाको प्रश्न : केही डलर दिँदैमा हस्तक्षेप गर्न पाइन्छ ?
2. सरकारले बेलायती राजदूतलाई प्रस्टीकरण सोध्ने