From: Chandar Kohli < >
Dear Hindustan Citizens
*Reform Act of 2014*
1. No Tenure / No Pension: Parliamentarians collect a salary while in office but should not receive any pay when they’re out of office. How can they get pension after 5 years of service when even in Army they need to put thrice as much for minimum pension n 20 years for full pension
2. Parliamentarians should purchase their own retirement plans, just as all Indians do.
3. Parliamentarians should no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Their pay should be linked to the CPI or 3%, whichever is lower.
4. Parliamentarians should lose their current health care system and participate in the same health care system as the Indian people.
5. Parliamentarians with tainted records, criminal charges & convictions, past or present should be summarily banned from the parliament and fighting election on any pretext or the other.
6. Parliamentarians should equally abide by all laws they impose on the Indian people.
7. All contracts with past and present Parliamentarians should be void effective 1/1/15
The Indian people did not make this contract with them. Parliamentarians made all these contracts for themselves.
Serving in Parliament is an honor, not a lucrative career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
No surrender of subsidies like LPG by citizens unless all subsidies available to MPs and MLAs withdrawn including subsidized food in Parliament canteen
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people in India to receive the message. Don’t you think it’s time?
If you agree with the above, pass it on. If not, just delete.
You are one of my 20+ – Please keep it going, and thanks.
MAJOR GENERAL SURESH RAMCHANDRAN.